LTC - USD
Last Trade Volume:
Last Trade Volume To:
When you want to use a cryptocurrency you will have a list of things you want to be able to do with it, you may be looking for a way of simply buying goods or services online and sending money around completely anonymously or even using one of them as a way of investing too.
No matter what you are thinking of using cryptocurrencies for you are going to be faced with the decision of just which one you should use, and one that has caught the imagination of a huge and growing number of people is Litecoin.
Whilst the way it works is fairly standard when compared to the vast majority of other cryptocurrencies, one of the major benefits of using Litecoin is that it is a much faster digital currency in regards to moving it around when compared to some of the more commonly used ones such as Bitcoin.
With that in mind if you are interested in using Litecoin or as blissfully unaware of how you can buy and sell it and move it around, then this guide is going to be worth reading through, as any questions you do have should be answered somewhere within it.
Overview of Litecoin
Litecoin really is a very easy to use cryptocurrency and there is nothing complicated what so ever in regards to the way you can buy and sell it or move it around the following video will help you get a quick understanding of the way it has been designed to work.
It is going to be up to you if you do choose to start using Litecoin, but if you are thinking of doing so then make sure that you choose a good Litecoin exchange at which to buy and sell any quantity of Litecoin and you select one that has no excessive fees or charges too!
Where to Buy and Sell Litecoin
Litecoin is going to allow you to move your money around very quickly, but you will of course need to find a Litecoin exchange at which to buy and sell any quantity of Litecoin. Therefore please do read on for details of which are the major Litecoin exchanges that you can always make use of.
Litecoin is one of the more recent digital currencies and when you choose to make use of the Bithumb exchange you are going to very quickly be able to exchange any volume of Litecoin or turn your cash into Lit coin using a range of different payment methods.
One aspect of choosing to use the GDAX exchange that you may appreciate is that you can sign up and register to use their exchange rapidly and once you have done so you can then purchase any volume and quantity of Litecoin that you require very quickly too.
Thanks to the speed at which you can buy or sell any quantity of Litecoin you will not experience any type of problems no matter at which of the listed Litecoin change you choose to use, an another one to add to your list of exchanges to check out and make use of is the Bitfinex exchange.
As you have been finding out there are plenty of low cost and highly reliable Litecoin exchanges that you can make use of, and another one that you will find available to you and one that offers a fully rounded experience to their customers is the HitBTC exchange so check them out too.
Based in Beijing the Huobi exchange offers residents of China a fully rounded range of services and one that they are going to be able to use in their own home language, so if you are in China and you wish to buy or sell Litecoin then that is one exchange to consider using sooner rather than later.
Top 10 Litecoin Exchanges by Currency Pairings
- Overview of Litecoin
- Where to Buy and Sell Litecoin
- Top 10 Litecoin Exchanges by Currency Pairings
- Featured Digital Currency Exchanges
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Litecoin an anonymous payment method?
- Do lots of people use Litecoin?
- Can I sign up and use Litecoin at any time?
- What way can I pay when buying Litecoin?
- Can I exchange Litecoin for GBP?
- Can anyone easily understand how to use Litecoin?
- Will using a Litecoin exchange be expensive?
- Do cash machines dispense Litecoin?
- How big are the swings in the value of Litecoin?
As with any cryptocurrency, you should have no problem what so ever being able to buy Litecoin using any payment method or any currency, as there are plenty of different Litecoin exchanges that will always be accessible at which you can buy or sell any quantity of that cryptocurrency.
Below what I have put together is a listing of some of the most common daily currency pairing exchanges that are performed at a range of different Litecoin exchanges that will give you an insight into which are the most popular pairings and the most popular Litecoin exchanges too.
- LTC/USD – The GDAX exchange is the number one Litecoin exchange in regards to the volume of Litecoin exchanged and turned into USD. By virtue of the fact on average they have a volume of around 14.15% of all transactions performed in regards to turning Litecoin into US Dollars.
- LTC/KRW – It is the Bithumb digital currency exchange that is the most popular one by users of Litecoin who wish to turn their Litecoin holdings into KRW. A recent review of the volume of transactions made in those currencies revealed they had a volume of 28.73 of all related transactions performed for turning Litecoin into South Korean Won.
- LTC/JPY – With an average volume of 0.01 of Litecoin transactions over a 24 hour period, if you are looking for a digital currency exchange that can turn your Litecoin into JPY then one to consider is xBTCe. They are going to allow you to seamlessly exchange any volume of Litecoin holding and turn it into Japanese Yen via their established and reliable exchange.
- BCC/LTC – If you are looking for a Litecoin exchange on which you can turn BitConnect into Litecoin then based on the daily volumes of transactions one you should consider using is NovaExchange for they had, when I checked, a volume of 0.01% of all related daily transactions, therefore making them the most popular exchange for those two currencies pairings.
- STRAT/LTC – There are many people it would seem who wish to turn Stratis into Litecoin, and if that is something that you are interested in doing then the Cryptopia digital currency exchange is the one that has the largest volume of daily trades on those two currencies. They handle on average, at the time of compiling this guide around 0.01% of related daily Litecoin transactions.
- LTC/EUR – Many people are looking to trade Litecoin for Euro and vice versa, and the Kraken exchange is one of the exchanges that do handle a very large amount of those currency pairing transactions each day of the week. In regards to their share of Litecoin related transactions each day they handle around 1.41% of such transactions.
- CAD/LTC – Exchanging Stellar Lumens into Litecoin is going to be a breeze if you use the QuadrigaCX exchange, and you will of course be able to do an exchange the other way around too at that digital currency exchange. They do handle a huge volume of daily Litecoin exchanges and that volume is on average around 0.25% of all of those Litecoin related transactions performed over a 24 hour period.
- ETH/LTC – Ethereum maybe a currency you use a lot and if so if you wish to exchange any volume of that currency into Litecoin then the WEX exchange is probably going to be the one you should make use of. In regards to daily transactions performed in regards to those two currencies they process the largest volume of transactions at 0.15%.
- NEO/LTC – Whilst the number of people who wish to exchange NEO into Litecoin is not as high as the number of people exchanging other currencies, there are still many people who do so each day. If you do wish to perform such an exchange then with a volume of 0.01% of all such transactions performed each day, Cryptopia are the digital currency exchange that does handle the most transactions.
- XMR/LTC – Monero can be exchanged and turned into Litecoin at the Cryptopia exchange, and they do have a reasonable amount of such transactions performed each day, with their daily average volume of related transactions being some 0.01%, and as such you should not experience any problems performing such transactions on their exchange.
One thing to keep in mind if you are thinking of buying or selling any quantity of Litecoin and wish to use any type of payment method to buy your holding is that there are plenty additional Litecoin exchanges.
The way in which they will allow work is fairly straight forward and very easy to understand, but be aware one thing that may different at each exchange are the fees and charges they will charge you for each transaction you make!
Featured Digital Currency Exchanges
You will of course be demanding a tried and tested exchange when you want to perform any crypto currency related transaction, and one of the biggest and best ones that have a solid reputation is CoinBase.
You are going to be able to seamlessly trade Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin and will be able to use their own wallet system which is fully compatible with mobile operating systems such as Android and iOS, so you are always going to be able to access their exchange no matter where you are.
In regards to the popularity of CoinBase, they have had over 8million customers signed up to their exchange since launch and have exchanged many billions of Dollars worth of crypto currency since they went live.
If you are looking for just one digital currency exchange then you are not going to go far wrong by choosing to use CoinBase, and will also find their exchange offers you the option of making recurring buys if you are looking to make an investment in crypto currencies on an ongoing basis.
You really are going to be hard-pressed to find another crypto currency exchange that is as popular or as reliable as CoinBase and one that does offer a range of additional features that most other digital currency exchanges do not have available.
You should have a fully rounded experience if you use BitStamp for they are another of the leading cryptocurrency exchanges, and one that has a huge number of people using their exchange morning noon and night.
If you want to have the peace in mind in knowing that any exchange you make is going to processed instantly and without any additional fuss or hassle then it really is about time you considered using the services offered by BitStamp, and you will be able to start using their popular exchange straight away.
It is often going to be the bigger and longer established crypto currency exchanges that people will tend to stick to using, and that is why so many people tend to use BitStamp for they have been in business for quite a while now and have very few if any negative reviews.
For a full round up and a full overview of their exchange then simply visit the BitStamp website, which is of course how you will be able to start exchanging crypto currencies in a completely straight forward way with none of the bells and whistles other exchanges offer their customers.
Frequently Asked Questions
I hope you have found the above guide to using Litecoin interesting and informative. But if you do have any additional questions in regards to using the Cryptocurrency then I would advise you to keep on reading for I am now going to be answering some to the most commonly asked questions about it.
Is Litecoin an anonymous payment method?
There are also many people who use Litecoin as a way of trying to cash in from the way in which crypto currencies can swing in value, plus being an anonymous payment method too that can be also another aspect of using Litecoin that does appeal to a great number of people.
Do lots of people use Litecoin?
It will of course be the number of people who are buying and/or selling Litecoin at any one time that can and will affect the value of that crypto currency, for as with any digital currency it is the demand that will ultimately dictate the price that you will have to pay for Litecoin.
You will find the volume of Litecoin traded and its currency value against any other currency on the digital currency exchanges websites or when you are using a mobile digital currency app, which will let you know how much you will have to pay for a supply of Litecoin or how much you will get when selling any quantity of Litecoin too.
Can I sign up and use Litecoin at any time?
You are going to be pleased to learn that you are not going to be obligated in any way in regards to just how much business you do when using Litecoin and as such it is going to suit everyone, and not just those who are likely to give Litecoin a huge amount of business.
What way can I pay when buying Litecoin?
Litecoin can be very easily purchases using any type of debit or credit card, but be aware that you will also find some of exchanges that give you the ability of buying Litecoin using another digital currency or even using one of many different payment methods such as web and e-wallets, so always pick an exchange that allows you to buy Litecoin using a cost effective payment method of your own choosing.
Can I exchange Litecoin for GBP?
GBP therefore is one of many fiat currencies that you are going to be able to exchange your Litecoin coins for or will be able to buy Litecoin coins with, but as is always the case it will be the digital currency exchange you use that will determine the fees and charge you will have to pay for your transaction.
Can anyone easily understand how to use Litecoin?
However, please keep in mind that when using Litecoin you are going to find every aspect of it has been designed with the end user in mind so you are not going to have to spend a huge amount of time learning how to use it, in fact it will only take you a few minutes to be able to start using Litecoin.
Will using a Litecoin exchange be expensive?
As such you should always make a point of finding our just what levels of services and any additional benefits will be on offer to you when using any type of digital currency exchange and what the fees and charges are as it may be worth paying a little bit more for the additional services offered to you.
Do cash machines dispense Litecoin?
However, at this moment in time you are not going to find any ATM’s that will allow you to buy or sell Litecoin, so if you are aiming to have the ability of using such machines to buy and sell crypto currencies then you will probably be best off using Bitcoin and not Litecoin as you chosen cryptocurrency.
How big are the swings in the value of Litecoin?
However, being one of the newer digital and crypto currencies the current price of Litecoin is not going to be as high in value as when you choose to use some of the much longer established ones so do keep that in mind at all times.