ETH - USD
Last Trade Volume:
Last Trade Volume To:
If you are seriously thinking of using cryptocurrencies for the very first time, then what I would suggest you do is to make use of the many individual guides I have put together throughout this website, as by doing so you will discover what if any additional benefits there will be of using any one cryptocurrency.
As you may have already guessed for the total of this particular guide, I am going to be taking a look at what is probably the second most used digital currency, that being Ethereum which is proving to be a solid yet volatile digital currency used by people all over the world.
All that you are going to need before you can start using Ethereum is an Ethereum wallet and then you can start to buy that digital currency from one of the quite numerous Ethereum exchanges, and to help make locating them easier you will find the major ones listed in this guide.
As with all digital currencies though, please only ever start using them if you fully are aware of how to buy and sell and move each digital currency around, and also only if you are aware of the fact the value of any of them can rise and fall without any notice what so ever!
Overview of Ethereum
You may be getting a little confused about many different aspect of using a cryptocurrency for the very first time, and if that is the case please sit back and watch the following video presentation that should enlighten you on what Ethereum is and how it works.
To be perfectly honest though, as soon as you do have a basic understanding of how to use Ethereum you will then be able to join the huge and ever growing number of people all over the world that do use it on a day to day basis for a range of different reasons and purposes too.
Where to Buy and Sell Ethereum
If you do wish to start using Ethereum then one thing you will need to find is an Ethereum exchange at which you can then buy and sell that cryptocurrency. There are some exchanges that are more popular than others and with that in mind here are some that are the major exchanges you may be interested in making us of.
For something of a hassle free experience when you wish to buy or sell and exchange Bitfinex you should head on over to the Bitfinex exchange for they will allow you to exchange small or large volumes of Ethereum quickly and very easily too.
Another exchange that you should consider making us of and one that does utilize the very highest of security protocols is the Bithumb exchange offering an around the clock service to anyone wishing to exchange high or low volumes of Ethereum.
You should never be in a rush to use the very first Ethereum exchange you come across so please do some time checkout what each of them has to offer you, and one I do feel is going to be of the quality you demand is the very easy to use Coinone Exchange so do check them out when you can do.
The easier it is to sign up to and start to use any Ethereum exchange then the quicker you can then start to buy and sell and use that cryptocurrency, with that in mind I think another exchange worth taking a much closer look at and one that is a popular one is the Korbit exchange.
Top 10 Ethereum Exchanges by Currency Pairings
- Overview of Ethereum
- Where to Buy and Sell Ethereum
- Top 10 Ethereum Exchanges by Currency Pairings
- Featured Digital Currency Exchanges
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I pay for Ethereum?
- Can I use Ethereum whenever I need them?
- Can I buy Ethereum using cash at an ATM?
- How easy is Ethereum to use?
- How can I get answers to any questions that I may have?
- Can I exchange Ethereum for Canadian Dollars?
- What Can I use Ethereum for?
- How many people are using Ethereum?
- Can I buy Ethereum on a mobile app?
- How much should I pay for Ethereum?
If you are in the market to turn Ethereum into one of many different fiat and/or cryptocurrencies then the following section of this guide should be of interest to you.
Below I have put together an overview of the most popular exchanges that are going to enable you to turn and range of different currencies into Ethereum and back again if you do desire.
- ETH/USD – The Bitfinex exchange is the number one Ethereum exchange in regards to the volume of Ethereum exchanged and turned into USD. By virtue of the fact on average they have a volume of around 12.01% of all transactions performed in regards to turning Ethereum into US Dollars.
- ETH/KRW – It is the Bithumb digital currency exchange that is the most popular one by users of Ethereum who wish to turn their Ethereum holdings into KRW. A recent review of the volume of transactions made in those currencies revealed they had a volume of 14.71 of all related transactions performed for turning Ethereum into South Korean Won.
- ETH/JPY – With an average volume of 0.15% of Ethereum transactions over a 24 hour period, if you are looking for a digital currency exchange that can turn your Ethereum into JPY then one to consider is Quione. They are going to allow you to seamlessly exchange any volume of Ethereum holding and turn it into Japanese Yen via their established and reliable exchange.
- BCC/ETH – If you are looking for an Ethereum exchange on which you can turn BitConnect into Ethereum then based on the daily volumes of transactions one you should consider using is HitBTC for they had, when I checked, a volume of 0.61% of all related daily transactions, therefore making them the most popular exchange for those two currencies pairings.
- STRAT/ETH – There are many people it would seem who wish to turn Stratis into Ethereum, and if that is something that you are interested in doing then the Bittrex digital currency exchange is the one that has the largest volume of daily trades on those two currencies. They handle on average, at the time of compiling this guide around 0.03% of related daily Ethereum transactions.
- ETH/EUR – Many people are looking to trade Ethereum for Euro and vice versa, and the Kraken exchange is one of the exchanges that do handle a very large amount of those currency pairing transactions each day of the week. In regards to their share of Ethereum related transactions each day they handle around 3.59% of such transactions.
- XLM/ETH – Exchanging Stellar Lumens into Ethereum is going to be a breeze if you use the Bittrex exchange, and you will of course be able to do an exchange the other way around too at that digital currency exchange. They do handle a huge volume of daily Ethereum exchanges and that volume is on average around 0.01% of all of those Ethereum related transactions performed over a 24 hour period.
- ETH/BTC – Ethereum maybe a currency you use a lot and if so if you wish to exchange any volume of that currency into Ethereum then the Bittrex exchange is probably going to be the one you should make use of. In regards to daily transactions performed in regards to those two currencies they process the largest volume of transactions at 0.11%.
- NEO/ETH – Whilst the number of people who wish to exchange NEO into Ethereum is not as high as the number of people exchanging other currencies, there are still many people who do so each day. If you do wish to perform such an exchange then with a volume of 0.34% of all such transactions performed each day, Bittrex are the digital currency exchange that does handle the most transactions.
- XMR/ETH – Monero can be exchanged and turned into Ethereum at the HitBTC exchange, and they do have a reasonable amount of such transactions performed each day, with their daily average volume of related transactions being some 0.03%, and as such you should not experience any problems performing such transactions on their exchange.
There are of course lots of different digital currency exchanges available, and if you are interested in learning more about each of them then checkout my range of additional guides for there are going to be plenty of them to pick and choose from.
Make sure that you do also spend some time researching any additional fees and charges you may be required to pay when using any individual digital currency exchange, as those fees and charges can and will vary from exchange to exchange!
Featured Digital Currency Exchanges
Whenever I have been on the lookout for a digital currency exchange I will always check just how long any one I come across has been in business and also check to see if anyone I know has use that exchange before.
There are benefits of doing so for you will never want to experience any types of problems when you do set about using an exchange. With that in mind I would like to introduce you to another on my top 10 digital currency exchanges and that is Poloniex.
Poloniex have been around for some considerable time now and will be offering you something of a fully rounded experience and one that you are more than likely to want to return to whenever you do with to buy or sell your digital currency.
I also tend to steer very clear of any exchange that is going to be imposing high fees and charges on each exchange you make, for it is common sense that the higher the fees and charges that you will end up paying the lower value you will be getting. The fees that Poloniex offer are very modest, and quite comparable to the lowest charging digital currency exchange which is worth knowing.
GDAX has designed and has developed one of the easiest to use but it does have to be said one of the most advanced digital currency exchanges, and as such they have rightly earned their listing on this guide to the top 10 digital currency exchanges.
There are a huge number of people who have used the GDAX digital currency exchange over the years and the number of new customers who are also signing up to use it is on the increase, which does of course mean they are doing something right.
If you want to ensure that you are never going to be paying more than you could or should do when exchanging digital currencies then GDAX comes highly recommended, and are one of those exchanges that you just know are going to be around forever and will always strive to give you a fully rounded experience.
To help you compare what they do have on offer I would urge you to pay a visit to the GDAX website which is where you will find a very comprehensive overview of what they are going to be offering you, and you can also start to use their exchange straight away once you arrive at their website too of course.
Frequently Asked Questions
As is the case when you come across something new that you have never seen or used before, in regards to using Ethereum you may be sat there right now with all manner of different questions you are looking for the answers to. If so read through this final section of this guide as I will be giving you the answers to lots of different Ethereum related questions.
How do I pay for Ethereum?
Ethereum can be very easily purchases using any type of debit or credit card, but be aware that you will also find some of exchanges that give you the ability of buying Ethereum using another digital currency or even using one of many different payment methods such as web and e-wallets, so always pick an exchange that allows you to buy Ethereum using a cost effective payment method of your own choosing.
Can I use Ethereum whenever I need them?
There is no minimum trade you are going to be required or forced to do either, so it will of course be up to you and you alone as to when you do decide to use Ethereum but by signing up you will then be able to use them whenever the need arises.
Can I buy Ethereum using cash at an ATM?
However, at this moment in time you are not going to find any ATM’s that will allow you to buy or sell Ethereum, so if you are aiming to have the ability of using such machines to buy and sell crypto currencies then you will probably be best off using Bitcoin and not Ethereum as you chosen cryptocurrency.
How easy is Ethereum to use?
There are of course plenty of additional resources online that are going to give you a good insight into how Ethereum works and operates so you will soon get the hang of the way it does work if you hunt around.
How can I get answers to any questions that I may have?
Some of the major Ethereum currency exchanges will also offer on their website a range of help guides that may answer your questions, and some of the larger ones may also offer a user forum which is often where any questions you do have will be answered.
Can I exchange Ethereum for Canadian Dollars?
Canadian Dollars therefore are one of many fiat currencies that you are going to be able to exchange your Ethereum coins for or will be able to buy Ethereum coins with, but as is always the case it will be the digital currency exchange you use that will determine the fees and charge you will have to pay for your transaction.
What Can I use Ethereum for?
There are also many people who use Ethereum as a way of trying to cash in from the way in which crypto currencies can swing in value, plus being an anonymous payment method too that can be also another aspect of using Ethereum that does appeal to a great number of people.
How many people are using Ethereum?
It will of course be the number of people who are buying and/or selling Ethereum at any one time that can and will affect the value of that crypto currency, for as with any digital currency it is the demand that will ultimately dictate the price that you will have to pay for Ethereum.
Can I buy Ethereum on a mobile app?
You will not notice any major differences in regards to buying or selling Ethereum irrespective of whether you choose to use an online exchange or a mobile exchange app. The fees and charges may different through depending on just which exchange you do choose to use.